- Filament at Zero
- Individual, spiral-wrapped nylon or aramid/nylon reinforcing filaments can be precisely placed in specific portions or across the entyre tread area atop the steel belts banded at zero degrees. Not only does this help retain tyre shape, but it also enhances ride quality and steering precision.
- Fore-and-Aft Weight Transfer
- Transfer of weight from the front axle to the rear axle (or vice versa) caused by acceleration or braking. Acceleration causes weight transfer from the front axle to the rear axle. Braking causes weight transfer from the rear axle to the front axle.
- A handling term describing a car with its front and rear tyres sliding in a controlled manner. The driver uses both throttle and steering to keep the vehicle on a prescribed path.
- Free Radius
- The radius of the tyre/wheel assembly that is not deflected under load.